Find out why OTC sunscreens have got to go bye-bye. And more importantly, why ours are far, far better for you and your skin.
We can’t deny it…Summer is almost over and Fall is upon us. But meanwhile, all those pool days, trips to Cedar Point and vacays are catching up with your skin. Brown spots pop up where they’ve never been before, your cheeks might feel a little rough textured, you might be experiencing breakouts here and there….sound familiar? What’s a girl (or boy) to do? Hole up inside till March 2018?! No thanks. Not to worry – a solution is available, and believe it or not, it’s super easy!
First things first, that drugstore sunscreen has got to go. Over the counter (OTC) sunscreens are great for repetitive use at the pool or yard work. They do exactly what they’re supposed to do – protect your skin at a high level of waterproof SPF, meant to be reapplied multiple times in a day. But at what cost? You’ve probably noticed they’re kinda greasy, have a distinct (and often unpleasant) smell and aren’t exactly what one would call “imperceptible.” Read as white and chalky. Definitely not what you’d want to wear around under makeup or alone.
Higher quality sunscreens are called “cosmetically elegant.” Sounds fancy! It means that those products are made in such a way that they are lovely and comfortable to wear with or without makeup AND do good things for your skin.
Here’s the rundown on my personal favorite sunscreens available at The Charles Penzone Salons with a few quick, informative facts about each.
(in no particular order)
- Light whipped texture, specifically formulated for oilier skin.
- High quality chemical and physical sunscreen combination that also has Eminence‘s proprietary Youth Shield Complex to fight the signs of aging.
- Creamy & emollient texture
- Perfect for drier and/or more mature skin
- Physical sunscreen (think zinc oxide) that has been ultra finely milled to melt into the skin effortlessly, leaving no white residue.
- Creamiest moisturizer/sunscreen of the lot
- Drier damaged skin loves this texture.
- Also a finely milled physical block that includes a natural form of Rx lightening agent, hydroquinone. Meaning it protects your skin from the sun while getting rid of those brown spots that magically appeared.
- This product is a must-have for anyone who hates to wear foundation but still wants to look like they do. Seriously, dust on some bronzer and you’re good to go! This light texture lotion that comes in two universal tints- Light/Medium & Medium/Dark. The sunscreen is a physical block that never feels greasy or looks chalky on the skin.
- This is the big boy of our sunscreens.
- Offers high-level physical block with a creamy texture that virtually disappears into the skin.
- Infused with a super powerful antioxidant complex that includes ceramides and hyaluronic acid to deeply hydrate and repair your skin.
- Ok, I’ll admit-this is my personal favorite.
- Combines physical and chemical blocks in an ultra light textured lotion.
- On top of the potent antioxidant complex this formula includes an algae based oil absorber. Literally the same stuff they used to clean up the Exxon oil spill…’nuff said. 😉 Just THINK about how oil free and fab your skin will look.
The second step to repair summer skin woes is gentle daily exfoliation. No need to fret – believe it or not, this is even easier than the sunscreen part. It’s as easy as choosing how much exfoliation your skin can tolerate, then, using the product daily. I’m referring to Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Peel Packettes available right here at The Charles Penzone Salons! That’s right – this is something you can do yourself! These little packets of awesome are literally a daily peel in pre-soaked pads that is formulated to bring back radiance and diminish the appearance of uneven texture, fine lines and wrinkles, as well as hyperpigmentation (those brown spots). Depending on your tolerance and skin type, you and your esthetician can choose from Ultra Gentle, Universal or Extra Strength. These packets are packaged in boxes of 30 so you never have to remember when to use them or when you need to replenish your stash. (Convenient! Thank you, Dr. Dennis Gross!)
We can’t just stop there. Dr. Gross has recently upped the game with Ferulic + Retinol Wrinkle Recovery Peel. These peel pads are meant for twice-weekly use in order to amp up your improvement regimen. These peel packets are formulated for reducing wrinkles, restoring firmness and serious smoothing of skin texture. Definite game changer.
And it’s as simple as that my friends! What’s EVEN BETTER?! For the entire month of August, you’ll get 30% off Dr. Dennis Gross Peel Packets* with the purchase of any sunscreen. With this offer, you can certainly up your skin game. And trust me – your skin will thank you!
To schedule an appointment with me, CLICK HERE! I’d be happy to help set you up with the perfect sunscreen and Peel Packette combo to set you up for the new season.
*Promotion ends August 31st, 2017.